39 Waitomo Village Road
Waitomo Glow worm Cave & Ruakuri Cave & Aranui Cave
This tour combines the Waitomo Glow Worm Cave with the nearby Aranui Cave & Ruakuri Cave
Your visit to New Zealand isn’t complete until you see the marvellous Waitomo Caves. This unique cave system hosts the native glow worms (Arachnocampa luminosa). Take a relaxing boat tour through the caves to see this natural light show, as the tour guides tell you about the caves and their history.
The Aranui Cave is sacred to the local Maori community, unlike the other Waitomo Caves it doesn’t have water flowing though it. Being a dry cave it doesn’t have much life inside but the entrance houses a colony of native Weta bugs. As you go through the cave system you are treated to an amazing high chambers formed over 100s of years. its a must see when you visit the Waitomo Caves
Ruakuri Cave is New Zealand longest guided underground walking cave tour you can get once through the spiral entrance you can get to see the glow worms up close and marvel at these amazing cave system.
Duration: 4-5 hours + 5 hours drive time
- $100.00 – Adults (+$189 tour)
- $46.00 – Children (+$85 tour)
- Doesn't have a wheelchair access.
- Taking photo and video in Waitomo cave is not permitted but it is permitted in Aranui and Ruakuri Cave.
- The tour operates in all weather condition so please dress appropriately. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- This is a small group activity with maximum of 6 participants and requires a minimum of 4 participants to operate.
- The minimum age for the tour is 4 years old.
- Travel in comfort of a deluxe van.
- Free Wifi on deluxe van.
- Please do not touch the formation in the cave as it discoloured easily, please help us protect our cave.
- Pick up at 7am. Please arrive 15 minutes before pick up time.